School's out here because of icy road conditions so I can catch up on the latest with our hair (while Z enjoys a movie).
Last Saturday, I co-washed my hair after wearing it in twists (that kept shrinking and skrinking) for a week. I am so glad it was a co-wash day because the following day, I gave Z a full wash session which equated to more than enough hair care for an entire weekend.
My co-washes are pretty simple, which I am thankful for:
Pre-pooed for 30 minutes with my usual Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle + Oil (coconut) mix under my Hot Head Heat Cap. Rinsed.
Conditioned my hair with Suave Professionals Shea Butter and Almond Oil conditioner (so thick!). Detangled and rinsed hair. Had more shedding this time around. T-shirt dried hair for 5 minutes.
Moisturized hair with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-in and sealed with Shea Butter mix.
Applied (a butt load) of gel to my hair to put into a low pony puff using my d.i.y elastic bands. {see how here} Secured short pieces with bobby pins.
Twisted puff into several twists (about 10) and pinned them into a bun to keep them protected.
Tied hair down with a scarf to smooth out edges overnight.
I loved my bun even though I had all kinds of gray strands popping out here and there! It was a much quicker style to do in lieu of my beloved twists especially since my time was short. Here are a few other pictures from this wash session:
If my hair was not so saturated with conditioner, I would have rocked this look!
Last night, I did another co-wash to re-moisturize my hair since I have been working out and my hair has started to become frizzy. I re-did my hair into a bun to get me through to my next full wash session this weekend.
How was your recent wash day? Share your experience at the following linkup: