I used the Naturals by Hask Strengthening Masque for the first time on my first wash day of 2015. {
see post here} Since I only used it once, I discuss my first impressions about this product.
- Following the treatment, I deep conditioned using the Shea Moisture Yucca & Plantain Masque, which also contains some protein, because that was all that I had on hand that did not have a whole lot of protein.
- After rinsing the Shea Moisture masque from my hair, I noticed how my hair felt super smooth at the crown of my head...almost like plastic/synthetic. My hair had a squeakiness to it.
- I am not sure if I have slight protein overload in this area but is definitely something I need to be mindful of in the future.
All in all, I really like this Strengthening Masque. I
do not have much experience at all with protein treatments to compare it adequately to the
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, but I will say that I plan on using this masque again for future treatments. This strengthening masque fits my goal of using more natural products so I want to use it some more before giving a more definite product review.
Nevertheless, based on my initial impression, I would recommend this product to others who may be interested in a more natural based treatment. I would just caution in using a deep conditioner containing protein following this masque. (I am quite sure this is given knowledge, but I am still learning about how different ingredients/products interact with each other). #myjourney
I tried to find reviews on this particular product (after I had already applied it to my head...lol) but could not find much of anything except for a YouTube video, and that review was so-so. I am glad I tried this Strengthening Masque based on my own curiosity and hope this initial review was helpful!
Have you tried the Naturals by Hask Strengthening Masque before? Even heard of it? What is your favorite protein treatment?