Last Friday session went well into the night (aka 2:00am) due to me trying to multitask, pack, and get things in order for our family vacay. This session went as follows:
- Pre-pooed with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + Coconut Oil + a few drops of Peppermint Oil (mixed together) for 1.5 hours under my Hot Head Cap (reheated twice while I was packing and getting Z to bed). I LOVE this combo. I don't think I ever want to change this as my pre-poo ever especially if I pre-poo for more than 30 minutes. Maybe I should aim for 1 hr as my standard pre-poo time. My hair was so soft (not mushy) and my curls from my twist out were so defined. I divided my hair into 5 sections and rinsed each section under warm water. I thought since I did a poor job finger detangling a few days ago, my hair would be more tangled than it actually was. I was ready to use my Knot Genie at this point but did not need it for this step.
- Shampooed with Aubrey Organics Primrose and Tea Tree Shampoo diluted in water.,.seems like a running theme with the tea tree. I made the solution a little more concentrated than the last time I used the shampoo so I could get a better lather at my roots. Indeed, I achieved just that! I had so much good lather that my scalp had no other choice to be be clean. As usual, I focused on my scalp more than my ends and cleansed each section. Rinsed under water (using the high pressure shower head setting) and t-shirt dried for 15 minutes.
- Tea rinsed my hair with 2 bags of organic green tea (Harris Teeter brand) steeped in about 2 cups of water for 8 hours. Maaaaannn, that rinse was cold on my scalp; it gave me a serious chill after the first rinse over my head. It got better as my head temperature warmed the rinse each time. I rinsed through my hair/scalp 6 times and t-shirt dried for 10 minutes.
- Deep conditioned using the rest of my Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque + Olive Oil + Aloe Vera gel (to stretch out product for full coverage) for 30 minutes under my Hot Head. My hair felt a little dry and tangled before I applied the conditioner, but I am guessing it's because of the higher concentration of the green tea rinse. However, it was not too bad. After deep conditioning, I first detangled each section under warm water with my fingers then with my Knot Genie brush (finally!). Detangling was a breeze and the Knot Genie was so gentle against my scalp. Shedding was minimal {see pic below}. Rinsed with warm water followed by a quick cool rinse (don't think I will ever get used to this...lol).
- Rinsed scalp with diluted ACV solution. Did not rinse out. T-shirt dried for 20 minutes.
- Applied my Shea butter mix and homemade flaxseed gel section by section onto my hair as I put my hair into medium sized twists. This gel is the business!!! (Can't wait to see how it works on Z's hair this weekend.) I snipped the ends of a few twists to even them up in the front.
- Covered hair with bonnet. Went to bed.
Here are some pics from this session:
 |
| Post Pre-Poo: Loving the shape of my fro. |
 |
| Total amount of shed hair from this session |
 |
| Tired but done with my plump twists |
How was your wash day? Share your experience and see how others did this week at the following linkup:
Happy safe holidays!!!

Labels: K Wash Day