6 Tips to Improve Your Natural Hair Detangling Process


Oooooooo, I cringe as I reminisce over the many times I would rake, tug, and basically rip out tangles from my DRY natural hair during my first 5 years of being natural.

Back then, there was not nearly as much information about natural hair care as there is today. We have YouTube, blogs, websites, forums, conference, Pinterest, Facebook, ebooks, hardcopy books, and everything else as resources. I am very impressed by how far the natural hair movement has progressed over the decade since I have been natural. Through these venues (and personal experiences) I have learned how to better manage and care for my natural hair.

There are several components that makeup the natural hair care process. Detangling is one of them and it considered a very critical step in properly maintaining healthy natural hair. It is the one process that can make or break any retention effort you may have for your hair. With this in mind, I have laid out several tips to aid in improving your natural hair detangle process:
Our natural hair is naturally fragile compared to other hair types so solidifying your detangling process will help take you further in reaching your goals through your healthy hair journey. I hope that implementing these tips will assist you in having a gentler yet more efficient detangling experience for you and/or your child.

How is your detangling process? Is there room for improvement? What other tips do you implement in your own detangling routine?

Labels: ,