I decided to do something new: a coffee rinse. I will explain the process in another post soon but just want to quickly layout last night's session:
Pre-pooed with Trader Joe's Tea Tingle Conditioner + Coconut Oil (melted and mixed). This combo smells so good! Covered hair with plastic bag for 15 minutes. Hair was soft and had good slip.
Shampooed with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. Diluted about 1.5 tablespoons of shampoo with 7 oz of warm water in a nozzle bottle to focus on scalp. Massaged scalp to remove dirt and proceeded to the ends. Had a very nice lather. Rinsed hair with warm water.
Coffee rinsed hair (will explain in a post very soon) 4 times through. Let sit for 10 minutes and t-shirt dried hair to absorb excess moisture. My hair did not feel hard at all at this point.
Deep conditioned with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque. Covered hair with plastic bag for 30 minutes. Rinsed hair with warm water.
T-shirt dried hair for 5 minutes.
Applied Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk Moisturizer to hair followed by extra virgin olive oil and a thin layer of shea butter to LOC hair.
Banded hair into five sections.
Covered hair.
Went to bed. :-)
I will reassess my hair on Sunday to see if I need to remoisturize it. If all is well, I will have another wash day update on next Thursday instead (where I plan to just co-wash hair).
How was your wash day? Share below in the comments or at the link below:

Labels: K Wash Day